Expert list recommendations for entrepreneurs wishing to open a Home Business . Due to our heavy tax burden and excessive rental price in large cities, many people decide to set up their own home business, at least in the beginning, to reduce the risks of the venture.
Working from home has its advantages, however, you will need to have a lot of discipline so this does not compromise your productivity. It is fundamental to delimit the physical space between home and work and take care that there is no interference of the family in the day-to-day business.
According to the IBGE, 65% of informal companies develop their activities outside the home. The result is influenced by the weight of trade and construction activities. Of the informal enterprises, 27% operate exclusively at the home of the owner and 8% operate at home and abroad.
A good reference is Dan Ransey's book "101 Ways to Make Money Working at Home". The author gives some tips on how not to fall into the main pitfalls. "To begin with, it is essential to know the field in which you want to invest. Analyze the competition in the region, take courses, go to trade shows and seminars, research similar products and services on the internet, identify your future clients and your needs. And of course, make a business plan, "he says.
Other points cited by him and of relevance to the success of the enterprise are:
1. Make sure about zoning, hygiene and health issues, which are generally strict for those who work in the areas of food and cosmetics. Check the law that governs the zoning of the neighborhood where you live and see if there is any impediment to starting a business at home.
2. Ask for the license of operation in the city hall of your city.
3. Have a space in the house to receive customers, suppliers or even for the input of employees.
4. Have a phone line unique to the business. Always answer in a formal way and, in your absence, prefer the answering machine. There are services offered by virtual offices.
5. Register an internet domain for the creation of your company website. A website is a great business card and helps give credibility to a new business.
6. Set times for starting and ending the record.
7. Establish clear rules with your family, not to mix problems and situations of domestic life with those of the company.
8. Dress professionally, as if you were in the office.
Even if you start your home business, it will be very important to have a management software to help you with information, to be able to bill against your customers, to control revenues and expenses, to defaults, among other things.
Posted on June 04, 2018 at 01:15 PM